The MidPoint Music Festival announces the first performer confirmations for the 10th edition of the downtown festival happening Sept. 22-24, 2011. Artist highlights include:
• Melbourne, Australia’s CUT COPY, featured in SPIN Magazine’s “25 Must Hear Artists at Coachella” (pictured above; story here)
• KAKI KING, the only woman profiled in Rolling Stone’s “The New Guitar Gods” (story here)
• GANG GANG DANCE, whose album Eye Contact declared by Pitchfork as “Best New Music” (review here)
• THOSE DARLINS, profiled in Rolling Stone’s May issue as a “Band to Watch” (story here)
• THE LOW ANTHEM, whose album Smart Flesh received 4 out of 5 stars in Rolling Stone (review here)
• JESSICA LEA MAYFIELD, nominated by Americana Music Association as 2011 New/Emerging Artist of the Year (nominees here)
MPMF11 has confirmed these performers as well: Bear Hands, Conspiracy of Owls, Deerhoof, The Dodos, The Giving Tree Band, Ivan and Alyosha, Ava Luna, Mansions on the Moon, Mates of State, Toro Y Moi, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Viva Voce, Washed Out and Xiu Xiu.
The MidPoint Music Festival continues its decade-long tradition as the region’s frontline of music exploration. MPMF’s embrace of emerging artists reflects the same pioneering ethic of Cincinnati’s celebrated music history and present day music-makers.
Three-day wristbands for MPMF11 go on sale June 3.